Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Going West

I am excited about getting to see some of the American West this summer. I'll be flying to Hawai'i for my sister's wedding in July and then moving to Salt Lake City in August, which will include a road trip across two states I've never been in, Nebraska and Wyoming. I have always had an abstract desire to see more of America, but any time I have money to travel my first choice for where to go is New York City, so I did not know if I would ever get to see the West.


The entire experience of getting a job in Salt Lake City has really (re)affirmed for me the notion that one never knows where life will lead, and also that life is long enough for a lot to happen, which is something I often have difficulty remembering or conceiving of because I am only 31. It will be a good adventure.

No comments: