Friday, May 6, 2011

Books Acquired Recently (continued)

As I was writing the previous post this morning, the mailman (gendered term used intentionally because it actually was a man today) delivered three more book packages that I didn't have time to open until this evening:


Fox, Robert Elliot. Conscientious Sorcerers: The Black Postmodernist Fiction of LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka, Ishmael Reed, and Samuel R. Delany. Westport: Greenwood, 1987.


I used this book a lot during my dissertation and decided to buy my own copy because Fox is one of the few critics to examine Delany's The Tides of Lust in-depth, which is one of the novels that I will study in my next book.


Sallis, James, ed. Ash of Stars: On the Writing of Samuel R. Delany. Jackson: UP of Mississippi, 1996.


Another book that was helpful for the Delany chapter of my dissertation and will also come in handy for my next project.


Weedman, Jane Branham. Samuel R. Delany. Mercer Island: Starmont, 1982.


Rounding out my collection of Delany criticism.

No comments: