Thursday, March 6, 2008

Facebook and the question of religion

I've been thinking over the past few days about what I should put in the "religion" field of my facebook profile, if anything. When I signed up, my initial impulse was to put "fuck religion," but I decided against that since I still have a few friends who are religious. Then I thought about "organized religion=terrorist philosophy," which I am currently leaning towards, but which again may offend some friends who I would like to keep. So I am not sure. I suppose that just leaving it blank would suffice, but there's a part of me that dislikes this option because it isn't interesting enough. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 comment:

tvbona said...

Perhaps ironically, I would be much more "offended" by the latter than the former. Say "fuck religion" all you want and see if I care ;-)

But I think humans have shown quite the tendency to commit acts of terror in the name of all kinds of things, not just organized religion.

We should discuss this more, tho perhaps not with our poor wives around.