Monday, February 25, 2008

Can't wait for baseball

I am so excited for baseball season! Over the past few days I've been getting so excited thinking about the Mets that I've felt light-headed. This afternoon I purchased tickets for their game on May 27 against Florida. I'll be visiting New York for a few days, so it will be my last visit to Shea Stadium. Depending on whether there are any rainouts before that game, Johan Santana or (more likely) Pedro Martinez should start for the Mets, either of which would be awesome to see.

When I lived in the city as a kid my dad would take me to 3-5 games a season, and sometimes my entire family would go. My first game was as a five-year-old in 1985 against the Braves. Dwight Gooden pitched and the Mets won something like 14-4, and I was hooked. My second game was Hat Day in 1986, the Mets lost 2-1 to the Astros, but that was okay because they got revenge in the NLCS. I think Mike Scott pitched the game I was at, but I'm not sure.

No comments: